Tuesday 16 February 2010

The Fraudsters' Parliament- 24

I had an email from the House of Commons Information Office earlier today following my question about the lack of information about Harriet Harman!
Doh! She did not have pay back any expenses because she is an Inner London MP and therefore not eligible for the claims made by MPs' outside of London.
One black mark against John for not realising this, but a merit point for the parliamentary information team for their speedy response which was well within the 10 day limit!

Might I suggest that this team take over overview of any future payments to MPs?....... those MPs who are still in post after the election, and still this side of prison bars when the full deployment of the Fraud Act 2006 has been made, that is!

I picked up on an interesting article in The Guardian re. MPs and their 'flipping' ('fraudulent  claiming on multiple houses' to we taxpaying citizen voters!)
It is about getting back the profit that has been made by MPs on the houses bought with my, and your, tax money!
Click on the link below to read the article;-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/feb/16/mps-repay-profits-second-homes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on the contents on this blog!.... or feel free to comment on the comments of this blog! I will try to answer as many as I can!